Last Updated on May 29, 2021
In order to provide you with an optimal, customized experience on our app, we ask that you provide
with some basic information about yourself and what you're looking for. We want to be fully
about exactly what data we collect and how we use it, so we've detailed this information below.
What We Collect
Account registration data (required)
- We only collect the bare minimum of registration data in order to ensure a secure
of an account.
- Account registration data includes your name, university, university email address, and
- Profile data is viewable by your classmates. Excluding profile picture, pronouns, and bio, profile data is
used to calculate compatibility with classmates.
- Basic profile data (required)
- Basic profile data includes year in school, major, and enrolled course titles.
- Other profile data (optional)
- Other profile data includes profile picture, pronouns, bio, ranked learning styles, ranked
communication modes, general weekly availability, and interests.
Preferences data (required)
- Preference data tells us about who you are looking for. We store the default preference
settings for your account upon its creation, and update our storage with any changes you
make to the preference settings.
- Preference settings include the option to match with others, the option to look for a
friend, study buddy, or both, and the option to match with others based on year, major,
learning style, preferred mode of communication, availability, and/or interests.
- We collect anonymous analytics to observe how users interact with various features in the app. No personally identifiable information (name, email) is collected for analytics.
How We Use Data
- We use account registration data to provide you with our service and communicate with you via
with responses to feedback or important alerts regarding your account.
- We use profile and preferences data to personalize your matches.
- If you are reported by another user for violating our User Guidelines, we may investigate your profile and/or message history with user who reported you. Depending on the severity of the report, we may suspend your account until our investigation is complete.
How we protect your data
Your data is protected by the robust security measures taken by Firebase and Google. Although we
steps to protect your data, please remember that there is no method that guarantees absolute
We share your data with the following third-party service providers who allow us to assist us with
mobile development and deployment, cloud storage, hosting, analytics, and data security.
- Google Play Services. See Google Play Services's policy here.
- You can access the data you entered at any time within the app.
- You can delete your account within the app, which will remove all your personal information from
Our service is directed towards and restricted to university students with a @wisc.edu email. We do
knowingly collect information from users under the age of 13. If you suspect that a user is under
age of 13, please use the reporting mechanism available through the service.
this private policy.